Silk salt (silk salt)
Content: 56.7 grams / 2 oz
To create beautiful effects when dyeing silk with the Jacquard Dye-Na-Flow Paint or Jacquard Silk Colors.
- Paint the silk with the Jacquard Dye-Na-Flow paint or Silk Colors paint.
- Sprinkle some salt over the silk while the paint is still wet. For best results: make sure the salt crystals are scattered and do not clump together.
- The salt crystals will absorb the paint as it dries, creating “halos/circles” of colors.
- Leave the salt crystals on the silk until the fabric is completely dry.
- Rub the salt off the fabric.
- Fix the paint as per the instructions of the paint.
Tip: This salt technique works best on medium to dark colors of paint. Pastel colors are usually not dark enough to create highly visible effects.